+  OBM Forum
|-+  General Category
| |-+  Share Live Moments
| | |-+  Live Moments
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Live Moments  (Read 913 times)
veraydez

View Profile
« on: January 30, 2014, 07:45:12 PM »

Do y'all agree with gigging then? I personally don't mind it, but have met some people really against the idea of BM being brought to the stage.
Crinn

Hails

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 08:40:24 PM »

Are you fucking kidding me? O.o I LOVE going to concerts! Especially black metal ones or tours that have one or two black metal bands! I go to A LOT of gigs, but here are some of the more recent black metal ones I've been to during the past two years.....some of them aren't 100% black metal but are mostly. Unfortunately, full black metal tours are rare here in the states, usually its just like....a death metal tour that happens to have a black metal band as one of the openers.

Melechesh/Vreid/Lightning Swords of Death/Reign of Lies

Behemoth/Watain/In Solitude/The Devil's Blood

Vreid/Kampfar/Necronomicon

Watain/In Solitude/cant remember the other band

Marduk/1349/Weapon/Withered

Agalloch/Taurus

Behexen/Archgoat/Hypothermia

Ceremonial Castings twice

Moonspell/Marduk/Inquisition

And there is one (so far) upcoming gig I'm going to: Behemoth/Goatwhore/1349/Inquisition/Black Crown Initiate

I really with black metal bands would do full US tours more often. I still haven't seen some of the HUGE bands like Immortal, Gorgoroth, Enthroned, Naglfar, Dark Fortress, Angantyr, etc. The only exception would be Enslaved because they've played in Seattle several times during the past two years and I always have something going on that makes me unable to go (not happy about that btw). Because of where I live, I always get asked if I've seen Wolves in the Throne Room and/or Sunn O))) because they're both from here and the answer is no because they only ever play in 21+ venues (I'm currently 19). Sunn O))) is one of the bands that I REALLY want to see live, so I'm hoping they don't stop doing live shows by the time I'm old enough to go see them.

Your God died on a cross. Mine holds a hammer in his hand. Make your own conclusions. - Nergal
veraydez

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 10:43:56 AM »

I love going to gigs too, and I've been to my fair share... But on some level I totally understand why some people say black metal doesn't work in a live setting, or at least that it works but it changes the dynamic of the music by sharing it with a crowd as opposed to listening alone.
Crinn

Hails

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 07:32:59 PM »

some people say black metal doesn't work in a live setting, or at least that it works but it changes the dynamic of the music by sharing it with a crowd as opposed to listening alone.

I thought this too until I saw Agalloch. The atmosphere and eerie sound doesn't sound like something that could be re-produced in a live setting, but oh my, I was wrong. Not only did the music had the same feel, it was intensified by the volume and setting that the ones performing the music were right in front of you.

this is from the show i went to https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bgt2xK2CMAA_2TV.jpg

Your God died on a cross. Mine holds a hammer in his hand. Make your own conclusions. - Nergal
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »