+  OBM Forum
|-+  General Category
| |-+  BLACK METAL Discussion
| | |-+  Transilvanian Hunger vs. Panzerfaust
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Transilvanian Hunger vs. Panzerfaust  (Read 364 times)
BlackConvert

View Profile
« on: September 25, 2015, 04:05:11 PM »

I've recently purchased these two notorious Darkthrone albums and have been listening to both quite a bit. They've quickly become two of my favorite albums. The only thing is, I can't figure out which one I like better. After listening to Transilvanian Hunger it seems pretty clear. "Oh hell yeah, this is definitely Darkthrone's best release! This is what black metal should sound like!" But then I'll listen to Panzerfaust and it's like "Wait a minute. Not so fast." The Black Metal side of me wants to say T.H. is the superior album, but the lover of all things old school, raw, and metal side of me says Panzerfaust. T.H. is the blueprint for black metal. It's pretty much the sound of black metal. Pure and simple. Panzerfaust is the epitome of raw, old school, black, death, thrash, extreme heavy metal. It's as trve as it gets. This one isn't for posers.
 So what do you guys think? Which one of these albums do you feel deserves the title of "Best Darkthrone Album"? I just can't decide. They're both just so good.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 12:19:57 PM by BlackConvert » Logged
Iron Wizard

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2017, 09:37:32 PM »

A Blaze in the Northern Sky...
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »